User Review( votes)
Located at the tip of the Baja California peninsula where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean in dramatic scenic splendor, Los Cabos is one of the few places in the world where the desert meets the sea. Two towns, San Jose del Cabo (picturesque and quiet) and Cabo San Lucas (more action-packed with restaurants and nightlife) are linked by an exquisite 18 mile corridor. The towns of Los Cabos were built as planned resort towns, making the amenities offered there among the finest you can have in a destination wedding in Mexico. Once you arrive in Los Cabos, you’ll be surrounded by stunning and unique scenery that includes Al Arco, a beautiful arched rock formation that juts out into the sea. As for your guests, there are plenty of activities to fill a destination wedding itinerary: try the famous deep sea fishing or world-class golf, with two championship courses designed by Jack Nicklaus and Robert Trent Jones. Easy to reach from California, filled with top-notch activities and fantastic resorts, and surrounded by exquisite landscapes that are hard to find anywhere else in the world – Los Cabos is a magical place for your destination wedding.
NEED TO KNOW:
Getting married in Los Cabos will require some documentation. You and your bride or groom-to-be will need to supply your valid passports, originals and copies of your birth certificates translated by an authorized translator, and death and divorce certificates if applicable.
- WEATHER: The average year-round temperature is 78 degrees, with over 300 days of sunshine every year.
- CURRENCY: The Mexican peso. Rather than changing money at your home bank or at the airport, wait until you find an ATM in Mexico. They offer the best exchange rates!
- LANGUAGE: Spanish is Mexico’s official language, but English is widely understood in tourist areas.
- ELECTRICITY:110 volts, same as the US.
- BRING SUNSCREEN: The sun is very strong and you can get a bad burn in a short time.
- GETTING THERE: Flights to Los Cabos International Airport take approximately 2.5 hours from LA. Flights from NYC will likely involve a layover in Houston, Texas and take at least 8 hours.
- GETTING AROUND: Distances are great here, and taxis are expensive, but exploring the area’s beauty is so worth it. If you plan to travel between the towns, go deep sea fishing or play golf daily, rent your own car. Round trip taxi fare between the two towns is around $40.
- BE SURE to get a confirmation number for all car rentals.
- PACK: Pack a shawl or sweater: nights in the desert can get cool.
- BEACH SAFETY: Beaches in Los Cabos are exquisite, but with rocky shorelines and strong undercurrents, not all are safe for swimming. Check with your hotel on the safest beaches to swim in Los Cabos.